Parametric modelling with Rhino + Grasshopper is an increasing powerful and popular workflow, helping engineers, architects, fabricators and contractors work more efficiently and manage complex projects more easily.
This course introduces the core knowledge required to work effectively with Grasshopper and introduces a number of workflows for transferring Grasshopper data to SOFiSTiK. These include exporting via the SOFiSTiK-Rhino interface and using a new set of Grasshopper components created by SOFiSTiK.
Part 1: Grasshopper Basics 1: 28.07.2020, 10:00 - 13:00 BST
Part 2: Grasshopper Basics 2: 29.07.2020, 10:00 - 13:00 BST
Part 3: SOFiSTiK – Grasshopper Integration: 04.08.2020, 10:00 – 13:00 BST
Part 4: SOFiSTiK – Grasshopper Integration: 05.08.2020, 10:00 – 13:00 BST
Agenda Grasshopper Basics:
- Rhino and Grasshopper UI
- Grasshopper introduction
- Data structures
- Default component behaviour
- Generating and analysing geometry
- Simple worked example
- Adding components
- Food 4 rhino
- SOFiSTiK components
- Basic introduction to scripting within Grasshopper
Agenda SOFiSTiK – Grasshopper Integration:
- Add floors and supports to hyperboloid
- Bake and apply sofistik properties in Rhino
- SOFiSTiK Nodes in Grasshopper
- Introduction SOFiSTiK Grasshopper Nodes
- How to feed Nodes
- Add groups and orientation to hyperboloid
- CADiNP – A brief refresher
- Module structure
- The minimum requirement to run a text-file successfully.
- #include, +apply
- Generating and editing text data in Grasshopper
- Generate .dat files in Grasshopper
- Extended scripting within Grasshopper
- Custom record creation
We know that learning new things is always a challenge. To support you in the learning process a one-by-one follow-up session with the instructor is included.
890£/person + VAT
Early Bird Offer: Book until 26.06.2020 and get the training course for 790£/person + VAT.
The minimum number of participants is 4. The training will be cancelled if the minimum number of participants will not be reached. You will be informed at least two weeks before the training course.
Please ensure SOFiSTiK 2020, SOFiSTiK Rhinoceros Interface 2020 and Rhino 6 is installed on your laptop. A training license for SOFiSTiK products only will be provided for the entire training course.
For more information get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.